Monday, February 18, 2008

A long time coming

Christmas was great. I stayed in salt lake and bummed around for two weeks. Went hog wild with the sweets over the break but went back on my diet with a vengeance and cut out all meat and animal products. So far I have lost about 15 pounds (I don't really weigh myself. These numbers are coming from yearly doctors visits).

We also put tile in the kitchen and hall, painted the bathroom, textured the walls in the bedroom and tore out the built in closet that was about 30 years old and made from plywood, and I am painting the bedroom today.

I also learned how to switch out the old light switches to new ones. I really like that I know how to do that. And, we got some new lights for the kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom. That always makes a big difference.

The end is in sight for this seemingly endless project. I can't believe what a push we've made in the last two months. Living in squaller for the last year and a half might be worth the finished project. This house is really shaping up.

As far as things that are coming up, in June I am running in the Wasach Back. I am really nervous for this. It's a relay race from Logan to Park City. We have twelve people on our team and I will run three legs of varying lengths and difficulty. I have never ran more then 4 miles so I'm not sure what it will feel like to run like 10 miles. I am interested in the experience of pushing my body to those lengths though. And this just seems like a good challenge. Something to keep away the monotony.

I must say that, it feels good to have this to look forward too. It has been a hard few months and I am ready to get out of the house and run in some good weather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guess what I have a blog now, its candaceweller.blogspot.com, anyways I guess I haven't seen you or your house for a while. I want to come see everything you have done in the last month