I started a healthy living type diet exactly two weeks ago. I just wanted to see what it felt like to eat better, and let me tell you it feels pretty darn good.
I cut out white sugar, white flour, and preservatives. I also don't really drink milk anymore or eat cold cereal which was huge for me. Mostly I eat vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. I try to cut down on the meat, not that I ate much to begin with, and dairy.
It actually doesn't feel like a really big deal. I feel like I have always eaten this way. The only hard thing is making sure I have enough food around. I am not much of a shopper. My fridge is always empty so I feel like I am always at the grocery store now.
Also, my sister-in-law started a running thing every Saturday morning so I have been doing that too. That's about all the running I can get in these days. It just gets dark so fast!
Although I did do a homemade 5K yesterday. My neighbor orchestrated it for all our friends. It was really fun. Plus it was nice to get a run in before all the Thanksgiving gluttony.
I think that biggest change for me has been in my moods. I just feel less grumpy and I am sleeping better too. I never thought that I could live this healthy. I love how it makes me feel. Maybe it's a control thing but I am so proud of myself for actually eating the way I want to and being the kind of person that takes care of my body. I most surly felt the effects of careless eating and lack of exercise a year ago. I was getting sick all the time.
Anyway, thats whats going on these days. But who can spend time writing when there are like 30 really good movies in the theater right now.
4 comments:
You think you can abandon your blog for a month and we'll all just come running back! No ma'am, I say!
I'm like the Russel Crow of bloggers. I don't need your praise or your comments.
Just kidding. Please, PLEASE, read what I write and comment. I beg you all, forgive me!
I still read your blog. Even though you probably have no idea who I am. :)
Very impressive. I wish I could eat healthy...I am such a slacker. I can't seem to stop drinking soda. I love soda.
Also, I am jealous of your movie-going ways. Mike hates movies, and Rose obviously won't sit through one with me. I am eventually going to have to go solo, or get a friend.
Post a Comment