Saturday, June 30, 2007

A Day Well Done

Well I must say that I sure like blogging. It's the only place were I can openly talk about myself and where it is well understood that this space is all about me.

Yep, no bones about it this place is for me to talk about me. When in life does a person take the opportunity to be this selfish? I can't think of a time besides therapy sessions. And those are expensive. Blogging costs only your time.

How delightful.

First thing this morning I get up to eat breakfast only to find that Patsy, the dog, has wet herself and her bed. You see patsy becomes incontinent when she takes antibiotics. And if you remember from my earlier post, she has recently been to the vet where she received an antibiotic in the form of a shot. We mistakenly thought that we were clear because she had no problems the next day. Ha! Silly us!

Poor Patsy must now wear her diaper. How humiliating.








Later that day I went shopping for new running clothes for my birthday. Now, this should have been really fun except I hate shopping and ended up crying in the car. Lucky for me Andy was with me and at the next store. He stood outside my dressing room and helped me pick out stuff. What a great guy.

Lastly, Andy orchestrated a big dinner at a little Indian restaurant. It was great and all my friends attended. The manager actually locked the doors because there were so many there and not enough staff to help. We had the whole restaurant to ourselves.

Afterwards most of our party came over to sit in our back yard and chat.

It was a good day.

5 comments:

B. said...

*ahem*


It's Bryton, not Brighton.

B. said...

But thank you for listing me first.

$teve said...

Happy Birthday Cherie!!! You don't know me...but your buddy B. talked about you on his blog...so I thought I'd check yours out. Very nice...and I too enjoy the selfishness of the web log format. Feel free to stop by mine at www.drmookielove.blogspot.com.

I'm glad you had a splendid birthday.

cherie said...

blush. sorry b.

Judy Neil said...

happy birthday.

birthdays. I haven't had a good one since about....well....let's just say that my family forgets my birthday every year and now so do I, but I try to convince myself that if I don't celebrate then I don't get older. Be grateful for family and friends to celebrate with. That is a gift in itself.