Pregnancy's going well, then at my check up three weeks before my due date we find out that baby is breach. So, I make an appointment to do an inversion (which is basically physically turning the baby). At my pre-appointment we do an ultra sound on the office's older model machine and he turns to me and says that it looks like my fluid is very low and I may be having a baby today. But, this was an old machine and I could just be the picture is crappy. Shocked, I drive over to the hospital for a proper ultra sound and monitoring. Turns out my fluid was low but not as low as they thought. This was Wednesday.
Friday, I have my inversion, which turns out to be super painful. Imagine three people all pushing and pulling on your nine month pregnant stomach. It took a few days to recover from that one and the baby did not turn. bummer.
So after this I'm getting a bit discouraged, and having a hard time coming to grips with this new reality of c-section and not vaginal birth. Keep in mind that I was planning on a natural birth and had been preparing for months. On top of this, my husband is working round the clock. Pulling in 80 and 90 hour weeks and I am alone too much with my thoughts,( and pregnant thoughts are not always the most rational).
Monday, another midwife visit, Wednesday another ultrasound and monitoring. Friday I went to acupuncture to get her to turn. Monday, I went to acupuncture again in the morning where he said that he was going to do stuff that could induce labor. Then, later in the day I went to my appointment with my midwife and set the c-section date for Wednesday Oct. 5th. (It was the soonest we could get)
That night about 2:30, I woke up to go to the bathroom and realized I was bleeding profusely. Called the midwife, she said to watch it and see. Then I started having contractions and timed them for about an hour. They were 8 minutes apart when we got ready for the hospital.
We get to the hospital at exactly six in the morning. I was feeling great. The contractions are light enough I don't even notice unless I'm lying down. Really, I was kind of thinking they might send me home or something because I knew they were booked till like noon. They hook me up, get me an ultrasound, and my midwife walks in the room and says "OK, we're having a baby." Turns out the 7 o'clock had her baby the day before so we immediately start prepping for surgery. I'm in the room getting my spinal an hour later. It was crazy fast! I was so scarred! I was frightened, for some reason, that the anesthesia was going to wear off during the surgery by accident. I know, but it was all I could think about. When I got my wisdom teeth out I was conscience for a second but couldn't move or open my eyes or speak. But I could hear them and feel pressure in my mouth and it was terrifying! Like being buried alive or something.
Anyway, it was not terrifying once we started and all the drugs kicked in. The whole thing was wonderful! The moment she came out she started screaming! Later, they told me that there was no fluid in me when they opened me up. So, ether my water broke and I didn't know it or something went wrong. Ether way, it was good she came before the scheduled date. I don't think I could have slept knowing I was going to have a baby the next day.(not that I slept anyway:)
This is my midwife! She was so like a conductor during the whole thing.
Her legs went straight up because that's how she was in my tummy!
1 comment:
Isn't it amazing how one look in your baby's eyes and you forget that you cared how the labor went? I'm sorry it didn't go how you planned, but you were definitely blessed. June is beautiful. I can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment