My garden is just winding down for the winter. It was a beautiful thing it was. And I don't think that I have ever been more proud of myself.
I really want to be that type of person, with that type of family. The type of family that keeps and excellent garden. But not only keeps one, shares one. I really want to be one of those people that always seems to have way too much food and really must share it with the neighbors.
I guess that desire stems from my other desire to live in a small community that shares everything. (Don't make me say commune) It's true though. My question is why doesn't everyone want that?
I also want to be one of those moms that always has other peoples kids over at their house. Especially, as they get to be teenagers. I just want to have an open and safe home for my family and the people important to them. It's probably the only thing about kids that I'm looking forward to.
To be totally honest I feel that I have both of those desires met right now. But it just doesn't mean as much because we don't have children to share it with. Sad.
2 comments:
oooh, I want to be your neighbor!!! HAHA! I wish I were in a place I could have had a garden...someday! And I totally hear ya on the house where your kids want to hang out! I have this whole perfect family perfect world senerio worked out in my head, now only if we really did live in a perfect world with a perfect family! I am sure going to try!!! (wish me luck, hahaha)
I love the picture you painted. I feel the same way about having a yummy garden with plenty to share. and I want my own Hardy's and Waller's to share them with. And one thing I've always loved about Kyle is that I know we probably will have that house where the kids can come and play. Because Kyle loves to play too. He'll probably just be the embarassing dad who wants to join in.
Post a Comment