Why is it that I still have fantasies of becoming famous? Is everyone this way or is it a condition that afflicts only the melodramatic? Or possibly the egotistical. And maybe the pathetic.
My dreams of being a singer seem delusional considering I am mediocre at both performing and singing. Yet, I persist in daydreaming of starring roles in Broadway musicals, and of being the lead in a super hip band. I can just feel the microphone and hot lights. I picture myself with my hair dyed and wearing lots of makeup. I picture high heels and slinky dresses.
So after all this daydreaming you'd think that at least some of this fantasy has come true. Surely you at least have your hair dyed you say.
Nope. In fact, the most interesting thing about my daydreams are that I seem to try to do the exact opposite of what I fantasize about. I wear moccasins and fitted T-shirts with the same pair of Levies just about every day. Sometimes I change up the Levies for a knee length skirt.
I know what your thinking. "But Cherie, you sound totally awesome." And you would be right. I am. But it just isn't the high heeled slutty look I long for.
Alas, I must concede that I am probably never going to be famous. Especially for my singing abilities. When you sing with five year olds every day you start to realize the truth about your own voice. Because you just can't escape it. I am constantly singing and shouting. (not at the kids just over them.) My voice is always the loudest in the room and I am talking all day long. The more I hear my own voice, the more I realize; I am not the singer I wish I was.
8 comments:
Cherie I totally totally hear you on this one. I always dream of being such an awesome singer, maybe on broadway. and then i watch "so you think you can dance" and I think that maybe I could be a beautiful dancer too. Problem is, I really will never be that awesome of a singer OR dancer.
You've got to keep the dream alive. I myself still dream of being a professional basketball player. I tried out for a few pro teams a few years ago...but at 26, the dream has basically passed.
As long as you enjoy what you're doing, you shouldn't feel down about not being famous. It's not all it's cracked up to be. :) I mean...Paris Hilton's famous. Besides, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who enjoy your singing...and you're famous to them. Anyway, that's my piece.
Dang...I was going to post almost the same comment as sam. Hahaaa. Sisters. I always wanted to be a rock star. Now I am almost too old to audition for so you think you can dance....and if I did get on (in my fantasy of course) I would still be "that old girl". Sigh. Oh well.
Maybe we should start a girl band...it would be awesome. Kind of a punk version of Destiny Child. We would be so cool, and fabulous. Of course, I am not cool enough to be in a punk Destiny Child band. Plus, no one would think an all girl vocal band with choreographed moves very punk. Hmmm...maybe we could just sing 80s covers.
Yeah, I still harbor rock star fantasies. Also I'm really good at signing my name and I imagine I'd be really good at humbly accepting praise from a stranger on the street.
Cherie---ok I am always a day late and a dollar short, but I am finally reading blogs. I had no idea there was a whole other world out there. So now I am wasting the day away reading everyone's blogs. Yours is awesome and cute and all that jazz. I may join the current century and get my own one day...stranger things have happened.
Wow, I think your the first person in the fam. to read this thing. Thanks for posting. Hopefully I will update this thing soon. Unfortunatly, I have been distracted as of late. But, Harry Potter calls to me and I cannot help but answer it's cry. peace... for now...
I think the first step to being a rock star is dressing like one. You mentioned the high heals. I would also suggest leather and fur. If you look like a rockstar and act like a rockstar, the rest will just fall into place...
Post a Comment