Sunday, July 22, 2007

A little over two years ago, back when I was still new to Salt Lake, I got together with my only friend and we decided that we needed to have more friends. So we thought of someone who we both new peripherally and invited her to join us in celebrating womanhood each month. Then she invited a friend and then I invited my sister-in law and then finally she invited a friend.

We didn't know it at the time but it was the most amazing thing that we started. We meet every month and we are all best friends. We get in fights with each other and share the most beautiful moments and it's like a family that you get to choose. It feels like how my ward and friends in Moses Lake used to make me feel. Secure and safe and loved and needed.

So this is an ode to those people in my life that make my life really something.

No comments: