Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Ya know what really chaps my hide?

When people talk about some annoying thing that they have to do for their kids then finish their thought with "You are so lucky you don't have kids."

I really don't agree with this assessment at all. Luck has nothing to do with me not having kids. It's like telling someone "You are so lucky your not a lawyer."I am not lucky that I don't have kids. I am lucky because I don't want kids. Now there's a statement I can agree with.

And just for the record, this is not directed at anyone in particular. I have heard this statement from dozens of people. And no one in particular stirred up my feelings on the subject.




I really souldn't even be saying these types of things on a public board. It seems very unwise.

1 comment:

Laura Lei said...

Wow...I think you are the first person I've ever heard say that. It was very Bridget Jones of you(By the way, everytime I write in my diary I feel like Bridget Jones). I imagine that with Patsy, it's very similar to having a baby. My cat Killer reminds me of a two year old on steroids (He can jump 6 feet high).