I am taking the day off from touring.
Our laundry is piled up to the point were I'm about to go naked. I'm sitting in our hostel with only my swimming suit and sandals on. Our hostel mate (can't remember his name even though he just told it to me not five minutes ago) is sitting here with Andy and I while we wait for the wash to finish. This trip has been fun and hard and exciting and interesting.
At this point, one week into it, I feel exhausted . Not tired just mentally taxed. I'm ready to just sit by the tiny pool and read for the day. All the driving and walking and white-knuckle moments are really wearing on me.
Also, we've had some problems with the bank. We have money but they keep saying we don't when we can clearly see we do. So calling and straightening out this mess has been sucky. In fact, it makes me want to tear my eyes out. I had a break down last night were I had to just let it all out. I cried a little but mostly I was mad and frustrated with the level of stress we've had to endure. Everything is harder to do here then we expected. Surprise!
But, even considering all the stress and worry it has cost us to get here I wouldn't want to leave. This is definitely more of a journey then a vacation. It's forced me to take a good look at my life and consider what it is I really want and some courses of action I might like to take when I get home.
1 comment:
that's interesting. what did you decide?
Post a Comment