Our flight to Zadar was actually on Monday and we thought it was on Sunday. So we stayed at a hotel by the airport, ate really expensive food and took the night off. We had really nice rooms and SHOWERS! Can you tell our showers sucked in London?
So we get to Zadar and get our rental car (but not before the guy charges us 300 extra dollars) and set out for Plitvice National Park. We have a scary hour and some drive to Grabovac where we are staying, but we made it and stayed at the most comfortable room to date. It was actually someone's house. But they rented out two of their rooms. The good thing was we had our own bathroom. Our host fed us breakfast on the patio under the grapevines around nine the next morning with warm milk. I broke a boiled egg that wasn't quite cooked all over my pants. But it was so beautiful there I didn't even care. The park was amazing and the lakes were incredibly blue. We hiked around till four then took off for Split.
The drive to Split was incredible. Everywhere we went there were bombed out houses and buildings. Some were fixed up and some not. They all looked like something you would expect from Italy. It was a lot like home just greener and so vast. If that makes sense. We bought cheese from the side of the road, then decided not to eat it. We saw tanks and old apartments riddled with bullet holes. All and all a lovely trip.
Driving in Split trying to find our place was stressful. Split is a pretty big city. But we did it and found the girl we were renting from and she said she had a flat for us with a cat. So we are with the cat for a couple days. Not that we're there much anyways.
I can't wait to see Dubrovnik. It looks cleaner and cooler.
2 comments:
I'm SOOOOOO jealous!! I hope you're taking tons of pictures and then hopefully will post some! I'm glad you're keeping an update on your trip. I've been wondering how it's been going. Again, so jealous!!
Your trip sounds awesome! Did you take any pictures. Would love to see some. You will have these memories for life.
Post a Comment