We're in Cinque Terre now. It is so lovely. Filled with sights from another age and country.
The sound of the ocean from my window is loud and soothing. The walls are painted a pale sky blue. The paint doesn't quite touch the ceiling here. It's nice. And the walls are all crooked . There are quilts and lace and small pieces of furniture in our room. This is by far the best place we've stayed.
No cars or traffic. Just people and shops and eager shop keepers and waiters. They bustle and stroll in the drizzle, under the gray blank sky. The umbrellas and rain slickers abound here and they are snapping pictures and darting in and out of shops.
The buoys bob. Any minute they might drown and be hidden by the waves for good and still they look very resilient, like people in life jackets. The sea just looks so gray and irritated. It would swallow up some unsuspecting boat just for some miserable company.
I know I would.
I'm sure this sounds dreary, and maybe it should, it is a dreary day. But , I don't feel dreary, or much of anything. Just sleepy and content.
I like it here.
3 comments:
I love your writing it captures me! Glad to hear your trip went well. Tag your it! Check out my blog to find out what you have to do. (SORRY I hate these things)
sounds dreamy.
I love the description of your experience. You are an amzing author. I felt like I was experiencing Cinque Terra with you. Thanks!
Post a Comment