This Friday marked a very special occasion for me. It was the first time that I have ever gone to the movies by myself!
I went to Harry Potter and laughed and cried a little and it was awesome. Much better then I thought it would be. I thought that the experience of watching a good movie would diminish if you had no one to talk about it with afterwards. I was totally wrong. It was more like having a little secret happiness all to yourself.
The fact that I have finally round up the courage to do this makes me hope that all that therapy I'm paying for is finally paying off. Now don't get me wrong, therapy has been the catalyst for many good things in my life, but none with such broad implications. The ability to do things by yourself is not a gift to be taken lightly. You should cherish that ability if you are so lucky to posses it. It means freedom. Feeling free to do what you want even when it is a bit uncomfortable. Maybe it means feeling O.K. with being a little uncomfortable. But either way, it's a big step.
6 comments:
Word.
I am so jealous! I want to see Harry Potter so bad, but I just haven't had the time. The new book is awesome as I am sure you already know.
actually, I haven't read it yet. But I now have a copy and when I get the time in between all my family reunion stuff I will reading it.
I loved Harry Potter! Bo and I went to the midnight showing the day/night it came out. Good times. I was gonna say if you didn't have the 7th one, don't worry we have 2. Yeah that's right. Bo and I couldn't share. Props to you on going to the movie alone. I haven't quite managed to do that yet. I depend on others. Go you.
Ever been to a concert alone? That's no fun. I did that once and the show was great, but the problem is all the time waiting for show to start. You just stand there. Sure, you can pretend to send text messages, but that can only last for so long.
Movie alone is great.
But it's scary when there is nobody else in the entire theater. Because then you are thinking someone is sneaking up behind you the whole time.
Post a Comment