Saturday, July 7, 2007

Gulp

Well, It's really going to happen. I am going to Europe this August.

I am stunned that this trip actually worked out. We just got our itinerary finished and we're going to fly into London then fly to Croatia then take a boat to Italy and drive around there, and finally we'll go to Paris where we will fly home. We are going for two and a half weeks so hopefully it won't seem like too much traveling.

To be totally honest, I think I am more nervous then excited. I just don't know what I got myself into and 17 days can be a long time. The longest I have ever vacationed was like five days (not including home visits).
We're going with travel mates Scotty and Emily which I'm thinking will be a total plus. And, WE ARE GOING TO EUROPE, which I think will be a total plus.

And in other news, I am now finished with summer school and am enjoying the rest of my summer. Of course, I am still tutoring so that is something to do three days a week. Mostly, I just end up reading. And mostly I am rereading Harry Potter. Very impressive, I know. But Harry Potter has it's good qualities. Those being that it's like reading a very long movie. Essentially, this means that I can watch movies all day without actually watching movies all day. And like magic, all the guilt I feel for not working just fades away.

Here for your enjoyment are pictures of my dog, Patsy.



Sometimes, I wonder if dementors look like this under thier robes.


But what would be totally awsome is if they looked more like this!

10 comments:

B. said...

That's a pretty freaky picture of Patsy.

Also, Europe Schmeurope.

Adri said...

I'm jealous.

Matsby said...

Sounds like a cool trip.

It was nice meeting you on Saturday - and thanks for adding me to your links.

B. said...

Wow. New kid comes into town and I get bumped from the top of the list. This is great. Just great.

Samantha said...

Cherie! I hardly ever do a vacation UNDER 5 days. it's the best= you'll totally love it. I'm also rereading the entire harry series right now.

cherie said...

B,
Um... look. You got bumped because you weren't at the party on Saturday. Sorry. Did I not make that clear?
Look, I don't make the rules. Just the messenger and all.

ashleyboice said...

Man...I bet by the time the trip is over you will think 17 days wasn't long enough. Yeah for you!

Laura Lei said...

Take me with you.

Matsby said...

This blog needs more dog pictures.

cherie said...

I was just thinking the same thing!